Oman approves 15 construction tenders worth $15m
The sultanate's Tender Board approved 25 tenders worth $53.4m at its seventh meeting, with 15 tenders, valued at $15m, pertaining to construction, infra, and property works
Oman’s Tender Board approved construction, infrastructure, and property tenders worth $14.8m (OMR5.7m) during its seventh meeting of 2017.
The organisation, led by chairman Dr Rasheed bin Al Safi al-Huraibi, approved 25 tenders, worth $53.4m (OMR20.6m), at its latest meeting.
The following pages outline the Tender Board’s approvals relating to the sultanate’s construction contracting sector.
1. A property contract, worth $1.1m (OMR430,123), was approved by the Tender Board, according to the organisation's website.
The deal will enable the renewal of Ministry of Social Development’s lease for its premises at Mina Sultan Qaboos.
2. A contract worth $6.2m (OMR2.4m) was approved for additional construction works of the Wadi Al Minqal-Wadi Bani Jabir road.
The project will be developed in South A'Sharqiyah governorate’s Sur wilayat, by the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
3. The Tender Board approved a $1.7m (OMR640,248) contract for additional construction works of the Dhank-Al Khabib asphalt road.
The project is being developed in A'Dhahirah governorate by the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
4. A contract worth $1.1m (OMR436,200) was approved for a project in Oman’s South Al Batinah governorate.
The amount will be used to carry out additional works for the Ministry of Transport and Communications’ Aqbat A’Rustaq road.
5. Consultancy services for the design and supervision of a road will be provided in North Al Batinah governorate’s Al Khaborah wilayat under a $997,707 (OMR384,360) deal approved by the board.
The deal has been approved for Ministry of Transport and Communications’ Bai’eeq-Aqeer Al Abryeen road project.
6. The Tender Board approved a contract, valued at $778,085 (OMR299,752), to provide consultancy services for a Ministry of Housing project in A’Dhahirah governorate.
The contract will cover design and supervision works for the Ibri-Al Dareez-Maskan dual-carriageway, the Al Dareez-Yanqul dual-carriageway, and the Ibri-Al Dareez ring road projects.
7. One of the Tender Board’s approved deals includes a contract to provide additional consultancy services for the feasibility study and detailed designs of protection dams in Wadi Al Rafdha.
The contract’s scope also includes raising the level of Wadi Al Fulaij dam from feed level in South A'Sharqiyah governorate’s Sur wilayat.
The project will be overseen by the Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources, and is worth $713,263 (OMR274,780).
8. A deal was approved to provide additional works for the design and construction of Samad A'Shaan-Wadi Andam road.
The project, which is to be implemented by the Ministry of Transport and Communications in North A'Sharqiyah, is worth $528,751 (OMR203,698).
9. A construction contract worth $441,155 (OMR169,952) was approved to provide additional works for the Ministry of Tourism’s new premises.
The project will be developed in Muscat’s Al Khuwair area.
10. The Tender Board approved a deal to provide additional consultancy services for the construction supervision of 500 housing units.
Internal roads and lighting are also included within the development, set in North Al Batina governorate’s A’Suwaiq wilayat.
The project, worth $369,501 (OMR142,348), is being carried out by the Ministry of Housing.
11. A contract worth $301,108 (OMR116,000) was approved to provide additional consultancy services for a Sultan Qaboos University Hospital project.
Works included within the contract include design and supervision of the extension of the hospital’s radiology and theatre building.
12. Another Ministry of Transport and Communications contract, worth $243,319 (OMR93,737), was approved by the Tender Board.
The scope of the contract includes additional works for the design and construction of roundabouts in the Al Mudhaibi, and Al Kamil wal Wafi wilayats.
13. The Tender Board approved a contract covering additional design and construction services for 250 housing units, internal roads, and lighting.
The project, worth $160,018 (OMR61,646), will be implemented by the Ministry of Housing in South Al Batinah governorate’s Al Musannah wilayat.
14. A Ministry of Transport and Communications contract, worth $129,788 (OMR50,000), was also approved by the Tender Board.
The contract includes additional works for consultancy services – including design and supervision – of the Taitam-Qaftoot road in Dhofar governorate.
15. The Tender Board approved a contract worth $72,681 (OMR28,000) for the Ministry of Tourism.
The deal covers additional works for the provision of quantity surveying services for the Al Bustan Palace Hotel’s redevelopment project.