Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

UAE's Amlak Finance gets 95% approval on debt restructuring

Amlak – which is 45% owned by Emaar Properties – is continuing to work with creditors to resolve outstanding matters

UAE's Amlak Finance gets 95% approval on debt restructuring
Amlak Finance
UAE's Amlak Finance gets 95% approval on debt restructuring

Dubai Financial Market-listed Sharia-compliant real estate financier Amlak Finance announced that it has achieved 95% approval on its debt restructuring terms, with negotiations ongoing with remaining 5% who represent three creditors out of 27.

Amlak, which is 45% owned by Dubai's largest listed developer, Emaar Properties, is continuing to work with creditors to resolve outstanding matters in line with its broader strategy, the firm said in a statement.

Following the conclusion of restructuring its $2.77bn (AED10.2bn) investment deposits in 2014, the firm has been making steady payments to financiers, including $206m (AED758m) in 2015; $74.6m (AED274m) in 2016; $27.22m (AED100m) in 2017; $186m (AED684m) in 2018; and raised repayment level to liquidity support providers to 92% in 2019.

Commenting on the negotiations, the managing director and chief executive officer of Amlak, Arif Abdulla Alharmi Albastaki, said: “I am delighted to report that Amlak has made remarkable progress in the debt restructuring negotiations with its creditors. Reaching the 95% approval rate was challenging and pushed us to create innovative solutions to satisfy the different type of creditors we are dealing with.”

Albastaki added: “As we work to complete the negotiations with the remaining creditors, I am confident that we will receive their approvals shortly and the resolution will be in the benefit of Amlak and all parties involved. We have already paid 42% of our Islamic deposits liabilities relating to financiers and 92% of our Islamic deposit liabilities relating to liquidity support providers.”

Most popular

Awards

Deadline approaches for CW Oman Awards 2020 in Muscat
You have until 20 January to submit your nominations for the ninth edition of the

Conferences

CW In Focus | Inside the Leaders in KSA Awards 2019 in Riyadh
Meet the winners in all 10 categories and learn more about Vision 2030 in this
CW In Focus | Leaders in Construction Summit UAE 2019
A roundup of Construction Week's annual summit that was held in Dubai this September

Latest Issue

Construction Week - Issue 758
Feb 08, 2020