Bahrain-Saudi King Fahd Causeway reopens
Citizens can now return to Saudi Arabia via the King Fahd Causeway without prior permission
The embassy of the Saudi Arabia in Bahrain has given the green light for its citizens to return to the kingdom via the King Fahd Causeway without prior permission.
From Thursday 23 July 2020, the statement said that Saudi citizens who wish to return to Saudi Arabia should comply with the precautionary measures in force in the kingdom.
“The embassy in Manama would like to announce the possibility of the return of Saudi citizens in the Kingdom of Bahrain who wish to return to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia via King Fahd Bridge without prior permission," the embassy in Manama said on Twitter.
The reopening of the causeway comes as Bahrain and Saudi Arabia ease COVID-19 restrictions, which closed when borders on both sides shut on 7 March 2020.
Last year Bahrain received a total of 11.1 million visitors, with 88% coming from across the bridge.
The 25km-long causeway linking Saudi Arabia and Bahrain is instrumental to economic and tourism activities in both countries.