Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

Carlyle, Mubadala appoint Philippe Boisseau as CEO of Cepsa

Appointment follows Carlyle Group's 37% shareholding acquisition in Spain's Cepsa from UAE's Mubadala

 Carlyle, Mubadala appoint Philippe Boisseau as CEO of Cepsa.
Wam
Carlyle, Mubadala appoint Philippe Boisseau as CEO of Cepsa.

Nasdaq-listed investment firm, The Carlyle Group, and Abu Dhabi-based sovereign investor Mubadala have appointed Philippe Boisseau as chief executive officer of Spain’s Compañía Española de Petróleos (Cepsa) to succeed Pedro Miro, who will be retiring, following Carlyle Group’s acquisition of a 37% shareholding in Cepsa from Mubadala, which remains the majority shareholder with the remaining 63% in the Spanish oil and gas company.

Boisseau has more than 30 years of experience, and has served in leadership roles in France, Argentine, the US, and the Middle East.

According to a statement released by The Carlyle Group, the composition of Cepsa’s board of directors reflects the new shareholding, with Mubadala entitled to appoint five members to the board — including its chairman, — and Carlyle to appoint three members. The company’s CEO and one independent member will complete the board’s composition.

Commenting on the CEO’s appointment, head of Carlyle International Energy Partners, and vice chairman of Cepsa, Marcel van Poecke, said: “We are pleased Philippe Boisseau has agreed to become CEO as he has an impressive range of skills and leadership in the international energy sector.

"I know he will work closely with Pedro and the Cepsa leadership team in the coming weeks to ensure a smooth and successful leadership transition," he added.

Most popular

Awards

Deadline approaches for CW Oman Awards 2020 in Muscat
You have until 20 January to submit your nominations for the ninth edition of the

Conferences

CW In Focus | Inside the Leaders in KSA Awards 2019 in Riyadh
Meet the winners in all 10 categories and learn more about Vision 2030 in this
CW In Focus | Leaders in Construction Summit UAE 2019
A roundup of Construction Week's annual summit that was held in Dubai this September

Latest Issue

Construction Week - Issue 761
Mar 21, 2020