Built to inform

Sign up for the daily newsletters

No, Thank you

Abu Dhabi’s ITC adds 1,308 hybrid vehicles to taxi fleet by Q3 2019

ITC adds 182 family taxis, and 21 vehicles specifically equipped to serve people of determination and the elderly

Abu Dhabi’s ITC adds 1,308 hybrid vehicles to taxi fleet by Q3 2019
Supplied
Abu Dhabi’s ITC adds 1,308 hybrid vehicles to taxi fleet by Q3 2019

Abu Dhabi’s Integrated Transport Centre (ITC) announced that it has added 1,308 hybrid vehicles by Q3 2019 to its fleet of taxis operating in the UAE capital – a 35% increase compared to 2018 – with eco-friendly vehicles accounting for 85% of its 6,390 taxis.

ITC has also added 182 family taxis, and 21 vehicles specifically equipped to serve people of determination and the elderly, to its fleet that is operated by eight companies including Abu Dhabi International Airport, Al Ghazal Taxi, Arabia Taxi, Cars Taxi, Emirates Taxi, Emirates Transport Taxi, National Taxi, and Tawasul Transport.

According to ITC, 68.31m people have completed 37.95m trips from Q1 2019 to Q3 2019, showing the increasing demand in taxis, with booking requests through smart phone applications reaching 551,918, compared to 204,683 requests made through the contact centre.

Emphasising safety and comfort, executive director of the public transport sector at ITC, Mohammed Hamad Al Muhairi, said that meters or mobile data units have been installed in all taxis, which will monitor the taxis, guide taxi drivers to areas with the most demand, and notify drivers about traffic information.

With regard to lost and found items, ITC stated that 75% of complaints regarding a missing item were returned to its owners, while the remaining 25% of complaints are yet to be resolved since their owners have failed to follow-up with ITC, either on the grounds of item’s insignificance or since the items have been retrieved somewhere else and the complaint request was not closed.

Most popular

Awards

Construction industry conversations around digitisation must evolve
The Middle East construction industry’s approach to tech must evolve and focus on how can

Conferences

CW In Focus | Inside the Leaders in KSA Awards 2019 in Riyadh
Meet the winners in all 10 categories and learn more about Vision 2030 in this
CW In Focus | Leaders in Construction Summit UAE 2019
A roundup of Construction Week's annual summit that was held in Dubai this September

Latest Issue

Construction Week - Issue 754
Nov 23, 2019